So the past couple of weeks have been rather "normal" for us, i.e., no major trips or all day events. Just a lot of regular life happenings....for instance, the video above shows one of T's favorite exercises lately...practicing his fielding with the rebound net Mimi gave him for his bday. He is getting better every day and I know it is good for his eye-hand coordination and reflexes!
There has been some puzzle time..we are working on a 750-piece panamoric puzzle of Manhattan.
We went to a good buddy's 6th bday party...at Splitsville in Downtown Disney. Super fun!
We have fed our neighborhood ducks....
...and taken our dog on some walks....
...we have done lots of yardwork, including digging up a bunch of old gross oleander plants and planting our first citrus tree. Meet "Bob" our new orange tree....named by Taylor of course. :) Over the years, I will post updated pics of Bob as he grows and hopefully provides us with delicious fresh oranges!
We have also planted 10 hibiscus bushes along the back fence.....they bloom almost every day and are so beautiful but wow, those boogers need lots of water! Our next yard project - a rose garden in the far back left corner. wish us luck! I saw a sign the other day that read "We can choose to complain that beautiful rose bushes have thorns or we can be grateful that thorn bushes have beautiful roses." Love that!
And of course some dress-up for no reason...arrrggh, matey! :)
And there is this....thanks to a sweet friends of ours, we finally went and got our first professional family photo! We now have an 8 x 10 version hanging on our wall at home. Dan and I just wished we looked as wrinkle-free with super white teeth in real life! :)
Mimi is here now and we are having a fun laidback week...happy summer, my friends!!









3 comments:
750 piece puzzle?!? Neither I nor my offspring have the patience (or ability) for that! WOWZA! The gardens look great! And I love the family photo! Fun fun fun!
Love you lots!
Looks like Taylor is doing well with his baseball skills - keep it up, T-man.
Your yard is really looking good - can y'all grow avocado plants? I've always wanted to try a "fresh" avocado.
The family portait looks great - y'all clean up well.
awesome catching T man! Enjoy what is left our your too-short summer! Love y'all!
Post a Comment