Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Tman's 5-year Doctor's Appointment
We took Taylor for his five-year medical check-up and vaccinations yesterday. He is 45 pounds and 44 inches tall....so in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. But the real reason I am documenting the appointment is because of the way Taylor acted at the office. I swear, he was like a kid Dan and I did not know! He knew about the four shots he was going to get because he likes to have all the details about things. Then we went to the exam room and the doctor came in...Taylor, my shy and quiet child, TALKED HER EAR OFF! He would not stop moving and talking...loudly! I swear I was afraid she would offer us ADHD medication! dan and I were looking at each other in astonishment. Taylor asked the doctor how many atoms are in our bodies. When she did not know, he told her she SHOULD know because she looks at bodies all day. Then he asked her why Pluto is not a planet anymore when Mercury is pretty small too. Then he told her that the reason adults only have one brain and kids have two brains is because growing pains push one of the kid brains out when the bones grow. OMG. It was insane. Thankfully the doctor just laughed and said he probably had nervous energy because he knew four shots were coming. THEN the nurse came in with the shots. Taylor, who has always cried in the past when getting shots, asked the nurse all about the syringes and the medication and bandaids. Then he willingly laid down and gritted his teeth while SMILING and TRYING TO LAUGH through each of the four shots. He gutted it out and it was beyond impressive. Then he bounced up, smile on his face and said he was ready to go. It was truly a surreal experience...but I guess I should be thankful for it! Our big boy is growing up...and too fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hilarious! Two brains? Where did that come from? I'll bet that doctor doesn't see patients like T-man very often!
Post a Comment