Sunday, February 7, 2010

Taylor, The Shopper

Yesterday morning, out of the blue, Taylor runs into his playroom and gets his little brown coin bag and says to Dan "Daddy, I have money. I wanna buy you ANYTHING you want." So we counted his coins and it was a little over $4.00. I agreed to take him to the store to find something for Daddy. When we got there, he chose a little Matchbox car for himself (of course) and a a bag of plastic farm animals for Daddy. Each item was only $1.00 so I knew he had plenty of money. When we got to the cashier, I made Taylor go through the whole process himself. He put his items on the belt and then stood there and waited for the total. Then he just started handing handfuls of coins to the poor cashier! She would say "I need a little more money" and "Just a little bit more" while I hastily snapped pictures in Target! Finally she had enough money and gave him his bag of stuff. When he realized he still had money left, he came over to me and whispered in the sweetest voice "I wan' buy you sumpin' too, Mommy." Love that boy!!!




1 comment:

Brooke said...

THIS IS THE CUTEST THING I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME! I heart that little coin purse!