Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Biggest Fan

This is my Grandmother, whom I call "Meemaw."



She is sick right now. It's not good. I hate it.

But I love her and I am so thankful to her for being the amazing woman, friend mother, wife and grandmother she is. People know how close Meem and I have always been and let me just say for the record, my relationship with her is one of the things I value most in my life. She has taught me so much...it's beyond words to full explain. But I KNOW I would not be who I am today without Meemaw in my life. She has given me security and stability when I needed it. A sense of self. Unconditional love always. Laughs and hugs galore.

My heart is with her now. I hope she knows that. I am pretty sure she does.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I only wish I had the words to comfort you right now, sweetheart. But, just know, that she, of all people, would not want you to be sad. I can only hope that you will always remember what your beloved Meemaw has brought to your life, and not dwell on the fact that she feels badly now. We all will grow old and feel badly one day, and that is why we have the ever adorable Taylor, Harris & Wrenn to look to for comfort. And, comfort us they will. As your music says, "the circle of life".

Thinking of you & Meemaw, as well as all of her family,

Mom