Friday, August 29, 2008

Daddy Addiction

I think other moms can relate to this....my son is addicted to his Daddy! He always wants Daddy to hold him, Daddy to carry him, Daddy to feed him, Daddy to read to him, Daddy to brush his teeth, and put him to bed. He actually sits outside the bathroom door when Dan is showering and cries. This morning, he even let Daddy change his diaper with NO tears...there were smiles and giggling instead. When Mommy does it, there are tears, wailing, struggling, rolling over, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love that Taylor has such a connection with his Daddy but what am I - chopped liver? I mean, I only carried him inside my body for nine months...:)

Truly, it's a good thing and I know Dan gets a kick out of it though he won't admit it. I want my two guys to bond certainly...and I think it must be true that children go through cycles beacuse now I understand how Dan felt when Taylor only wanted Mommy for those first 6-9 months.

1 comment:

Erin said...

welcome to blogging....yet another online addiction! I love yours and will be a regular reader. :)

and I can definitely relate....daddy seems to make everything better for some reason?!