Friday, October 20, 2017

Fall in Swing!

Fall is in full swing and let's get the bad news outta the way first....this boy needs braces apparently. :( He should be getting them in January and that means they should come off mid- Fall of 7th grade. He is kinda excited so I guess that part is good.

 And as promised, baseball and football pics...galore!
 His batting has been pretty solid...

 and of course he is still loving flag football.  He plays with four of his good buddies on the same team so that makes it SUPER fun! He tends to play center and WR this year.

 Here he is taking off down field after a reception,..with a ponytailed girl hot on his tail!  :)
 In baseball, he has mostly been pitching or playing first with an occasional stint at 2nd or SS.
 He is the starting pitcher this season for his rec team so he has gotten lots of  practice which is good...and now that he is in Majors, he has had to learn about balks and pick-offs which has been fun but challenging.
 One night during football practice, we all stopped to check out the rocket that had just launched 30 miles away in Canaveral.  Cool!
 T and two of his good buddies from school and the neighborhood who are also on his team!
 T and I met some other buddies at the convention center one Sunday to make meals for Puerto Rico...

 These boys worked HARD the entire time...
And our little table was able to package over 750 meals in just two hours. It was a great experience.

 Had to share...T's "muffin tinner" snacks have become famous and now I have to create them for his buddies when the come over to play!  :)
 T had a big sleepover last friday night and Dan picked up all the boys at the bus stop like this.  LOVE IT!!

 That night, they had the Halloween 5th grade dance hosted by the city then back to our house for a sleepover. Wild boys but good memories made!
 Fun strip from the photo booth at the dance

 Ummmm yeah....this was around 11 PM that night back at our house....was not sure if I should be amused or frightened. :)

 UGH....then came camping. Cristina and I took the boys to Sebastian Inlet and it really is a pretty area.  BUT it was still in the mid 80s which meant a TON of no-see-ums from the second we got out of the car.
 We did play in the water for about an hour where the bugs left us alone....

 Cris and the boys HAD to climb these rocks...and cut their feet all bloody.  I watched safely from the distance. :)

 There were some cute and sweet raccoons that would eat out of your hand...
And TONS of dolphins jumping right in the water outside of our tent.  That was pretty cool.
 OH but the FIRE....took FOUR HOURS to get going...and we were so hungry by then!  Oh and let's not forget the WASP nest inside our electrical outlet pole!!  FYI - Off bug spray does NOT kill wasps. 
 It also does not repel no-see-ums AT ALL. ANd those suckers were inside our dadgum tent too!  So about 30 minutes after I took this pic of Tman in the tent, I called a local Best Western and we left the campsite at midnight like it was Saigon. Slept in a hotel that night with AC and no bugs...went back the next day, tore down our campsite and swore off camping for the rest of our lives.  Know thyself, right?  We KNOW we are not campers.  And for the record, Taylor is STILL covered in those bug bite welts - no less than 300 on his little body!

 Shew, back to good things....T and his buddy Drew were dared to wear their morph suits to football practice this week...I never thought they would do it.  But they did!  Weirdos.

 And this really fabulous 12,000 watt generator arrived yesterday!  Thanks to my boy scout hubby we are now prepared for the next Irma!

 
And on the MB work front, my GME team won Team of the Year!  SO that's another good thing. :)

Happy Fall, y'all!!

2 comments:

daddy said...

Woo Hoo - I beat Ami!
Braces? He doesn't look like he needs braces.
Center and Wide Receiver is an odd combo.
Cool rocket.
Y'all ought to carry him to Puerto Rico when they have rebuilt.
Y'all were really roughing it - bugs and all.
Stay away from those coons- they carry diseases.
Congrats to your Team of the Year!
Thanks, MB -

Ami said...

See Daddy- I told her to beware of those nasty raccoons! I am laughing at your camping adventures, sorry! But the dolphins looked cool.
I love all of T's sports pics and the sleepover looked fun!
So great that you did the food volunteering with T, that's great!
And congratulations on Team of the Year at work!