Last weekend, I flew into Memphis then drove a few hours south to Jackson...I have not visited in years so there were some folks I was super excited to see! That first night, I went to Ginny's house and had some wine and cheetos and we talked and talked and talked before heading out for a yummy cajun dinner. Ginny was Meemaw's best friend and has always been like a second grandmom to me - every minute with her is fun and real and makes me feel closer to Meemaw.

Of course I got to spend some time with my good ' ol Dad too! :) Always fun...I swear, he and Pam spoil me rotten when I am there and really, at 40, it appears you are never too old for that!

This is one of the ways I always imagine Daddy - a cigar and a cup of coffee!

Saturday morning, my sweet stepmom took me out for a belated bday;/early Christmas shopping spree....

And BOY, did we SHOP! Check out my selfie with my clothes...oh and boots and a killer purse too! :)

That day for lunch I met Mary Ellen - we have not seen each other in 7 years so we were so busy chatting that I completely forgot to take any pics! That evening, we had our family's cocktail and appetizer cookoff...Pam and I had to take a little pic together before the action started bc you know, one of the judges should really not fraternize with a contestant once the cooking started! :)

Contestant #1 - he mad Babalu Guacamole and a gin -n-tonic.

Contest #2 - she made a Pomegranate Cranberry Sparkler and a DELICIOUS flatbread with prosciutto, brie, pecans, pomegranate jam, caramelized shallots and arugula. I was the third contestant but did not end up with any good pics of my entries...I made brie stuffed figs wrapped in prosciutto and drizzled with balsamic glaze. My cocktail was a bacon-infused bourbon Old-Fashioned (which was delicious, thankyouverymuch.) However, Daddy won for cocktail and Megan won for appetizer. I love my family and these little traditions! We have FUN. Always.

Selfie!!

So on Sunday morning, I wen to see Aunt Joanie which was great but of course, she did not let me take any pics! So I will entertain you with some OLD pics I made digital - from Daddy's albums I found at the house! This is my Halloween in 1976 - wearing a bunny costume that Meemaw sewed of course!

Me and Daddy - at the reservoir - probably around 1980?

Ami and me -Christmas 1980. Check out those boots we are kicking and the PLAID!!

oh and one of my favorite pics of Meem and Peep - from their courting days...so probably around 1947-ish. They were SO CUTE.

Sunday evening, we went to see Ginny and watch the cute kiddos perform their christmas show....and with that, we went home, had some sushi and went to bed. Left the next morning at 6 AM. SO happy I made the visit and hope I can do it more often. Nothing like time with family.

And back to Orlando...check out our naughty elf...he has been up to some gross stunts...like pooping chocolate chips on the toilet?!?! Come on, Jeffrey - GROSS!! :)

Saturday was Taylor's first Cross Country meet - he did GREAT! There were about 200 kids running a mile in his age group (8 year old boys) and though he started out slow to avoid tripping or being trampled, he ended up finishing in about 8 minutes and around 30th in the pack.

I was very proud of this kid!!

T got a sweet giftcard from Aunt Joanie and used it to buy the RISK boardgame...ugh, strategy and world domination. Yep, just up my kid's alley. And to prove it, he beat Dan and I soundly twice!

That evening, we went to Bobby's 9th bday party at his dojo - great fun...my fave was when the adults beat the kids in tug-o-war. HA!
Cute group of boys...and with that, I sign out until Christmas...our TWO WEEK break begins in 4 days...not that anyone is counting or anything...



2 comments:
We certainly enjoyed your visit and an opportunity to spoil you, if for only a weekend. Tell Taylor, I'm impressed with his running ... must "run" in the family. Hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas!
Looks like a great trip to Mississippi and fun activities with the boy!
Post a Comment