Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fun Weekend

SO Taylor has been playing catcher a bit in practice lately...I would not say he loves it but the coach asked him to do it and so far, so good!

And he DOES look super cute, right?!!? :)

Saturday, Dan had a work conference downtown so Tman and I had a Mommy and Kiddo Day 'O Fun!  We went to the playground...and T made friends quickly with some kids there... 
Of course he showed off his jungle gym skills as well...see that blue sky?  It was GORGEOUS weather!
We went to Lake Monroe marina in Sanford and had lunch at Nemo's...where we shared a Shirley Temple and played darts.

Then we headed to the lake and tried our hand at fishing...it was BREEZY and way too choppy to catch anything. T had fun playing with the worms though!

 Pretty marina  
We packed it up at lake Monroe and found a smaller lake, way more our speed...

And gorgeous...I love these cranes who were watching us fishing.  I think they were jealous that we were catching their food!  :)
But...finally..VICTORY!  They were tiny but we caught some fish and that made us both happy!
 
 Check out this beauty. :)   Some of my favorite memories as a kid were Sunday afternoons at the farm, fishing with Daddy...and I still love a day of fishing!  I sure hope Taylor continues to enjoy it.
Sunday, the whole fam went to see a play at the theater downtown...it was The Magical Adventures of Merlin and since wizards are big in our house these days, it was a fun show for us! T told us later that he prefers a play to a TV show and wants us to buy season tix...woohoo!
 

Check out these handsome fellas
 Oh and it was a theater-in-the-round and it was a really stage set so I had to take a pic!
Afterward we went to Indian food - Tman's favorite (or second favorite after sushi)! It was a fun family day.
 
Then last night, we had a spring training baseball game so I had to get a pic of my cute Cub in his full uniform.  The Opening Day and carnival is this weekend so let's play ball! 
 

3 comments:

daddy said...

As you might guess, I love the fishing expedition ... in fact, I might go this afternoon!
I remember going to plays when I was a kid - how much fun ... and later in life, The Saenger Theatre in N.O. - get those season tickets, Mom!!!

Ami said...

Love this sis- he is so cute in his uniform! And I remember going to New Stage with Meem and Peep when we were little too, how fun!

Brenda Joy said...

He's getting SO big!!