Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weekend Tidbits...

Taylor decided he wanted to play another round of Family Chopped this weekend so we added Daddy as a contestant.  Dad was given an egg, bread, marinara, honey and cinnamon....he made a triple decker egg sandwich.  It was NOT horrible, I will admit.


Taylor was given a poptart, an apple, some bleu cheese, and a tortilla.  His breakfast wrap was actually pretty tasty!

Then the two sneaky devils picked MY basket...it contained a leftover piece of pizza, some pepper jack cheese, whipped cream, refried beans, red chewy candies, and buffalo wing sauce.  Evil right?  So I made the sweet and spicy Mexican pizza shown above.  Yea, not my proudest culinary moment.  :)  But a fun time was had by all!

Since we were on a cooking roll, we decided to keep it going and make egg rolls....i got wrappers, cellophane noodles, shredded carrots, cilantro, mushrooms, tofu and baby corn for the filling.  I made sweet and sour sauce and a peanut sauce for dipping.  T had a great time filling and rolling each one.  We baked instead of fried themso they were good but a bit chewier than I would have liked.

The finished product!

We also worked on T's halloween project for school - he had to decorate a plastic pumpkin as a storybook character.

Naturally he chose Harry Potter!

Yesterday we went and visited my BFF of 27 years down near Disney...she and her family are here for their vacation and they let us intrude for a fun pool day at their resort...this was T paddleboating - super fun and we actually paddled about 2 feet from an alligator before we noticed it and BACK paddled pretty darn fast!  :)

This is T and Ally's 3 beautiful and sweet girls...Pamela, Shelby and Summer.  All the kids seemed to get along great!  One of my very favorite things about Orlando - everyone comes here for vaca so I get to see my peeps way more than I would otherwise!

2 comments:

Ami said...

love the chopped idea sis- I may have to try this at our house to see what we can get, so much fun! Also, love Ally's cute girls- so glad you got to see them all!

daddy said...

I hope you will tell Ally we said hello - I just love that youngun!

Some pretty challenging combinations for the family "Chopped" challenge, but a good way to get rid of leftovers?