Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Sleepover

Taylor had his first sleepover with a buddy Saturday night....one of his best friends, Nick, stayed at our house. First, we went to another friend's birthday party at the bowling alley....always good fun as long as no one drops a ball on a foot! :)

Then we headed home....the boys read some superhero books together... Then they had some push-ups... Then some play time with cars and race tracks... Daddy read them some star wars books before bedtime... By 9:30, they were both zonked out which I thought was pretty good! The next day, they loved on the dog A LOT. Fidel was loving all the extra attention! Then we walked down to the lake in the neighborhood and fed the ducks - super fun! We came back home and shared some apple slices and watched Phineas and Ferb.... Lastly we braved the rainy weather and went and played at the park! It was a great time...and now I think we are officially in the "sleepover" stage!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Wow. [cliche' alert] How time flies!

Good for Taylor having his first sleepover. Many more at the Murphree household are now in order!

On a funny side note, when I read the post, my browser kicked some words off to the side and I could have sworn the kids came back to your home to "do some pushups."

I was very impressed and perplexed at the same time. That is, of course, until I read more carefully.

daddy said...

Hate to say it, Mom, but your boy is growing up.

I thought the same as Alex - they are going to exercise?