Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Fun

Friday afternoon we went a spring training game...watched the Astros play the Jays. Beautiful spring day. Perfect baseball weather!
Saturday morning, we went to watch the Robitics competition at the UCF arena. It was so cool! It was 64 high school teams from across the world who built their own robots then traveled to UCF to compete. T and I met some of his buddies there to watch.
Saturday afternoon, we met our friends Nick, Mary, Lori and Joan at the local carnival. It was a blast! Thank goodness for Lori to ride the spinny, scary rides with the kids....NOT my cup of tea! I did try the Tilt-A-Whirl once (which I used to love in high school) but it made so dizzy! Yuck. T made Lori ride it four times! There was a rainstorm at some point too but we perservered...waited it out and rode more rides. Fun day!
YES, I let my child ride this big scary ride below...see Lori in the center, on the high part - she had an arm across each boy. I was on the ground yelling at her her the whole time "HOLD ON TO MY KID!!" :) Yes overprotective. :)
In pic below, Lori and Tman are in the roller coaster in the middle.
Yesterday, we did some yard work, cleaned the gutters and drumroll please....we went and bought me a new bike!! Woohoo!! It is so awesome and T and I went on a trail ride immediately on our bikes. LOVE IT!!

6 comments:

Ami said...

sis- I can NOT believe you let T ride scary rides or that he actually wanted to. Can't wait to see your new bike- you will love it on that awesome trail!

daddy said...

Where did Taylor get the "scary ride" genes? Dan? Definitley not from our side of the family.

Bike pix? I got a new on also - stationary.

Lori said...

I'm not sure who had more fun, me or Taylor?!?!? It was a blast! I love that not only is he not scared of the fast, spinning rides, but he loves them almost as much as I do :-) Glad the only person I could willingly get to go on rides with me was a 4 year old... haha!

Brenda Joy said...

Scary rides? Yikes! Go Taylor! I can't wait to see pix of the new bikes! Does that mean I can call you a biker chick?!? You could totally pull that off!
XOXOXOXO

Alex said...

Texas ties Spring Training? Nice.

Love, Strength, Hope said...

Go T!!!!! That is some serious bravery!!!